You may have seen we’ve recently launched a competition where you have a chance to WIN a super glamorous trip to L.A… Whether you’ve entered yet (good luck!) or not (enter here), we thought we’d get you excited about L.A delights! Our friends at eDreams who have generously provided the prize are here to give you a taste of Tinseltown…
Los Angeles – the land of sunshine and dreamers. A city full of aspiring stars, surfers and rock n’ rollers. Some say fabulous, some say excessive, whichever way you look at it, there’s something for everyone. Here are eDreams’ top tips for a life of lux in LA…
1. For a taste of the high life, stay at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills, the most exclusive zip code in town. It’s a favourite amongst the crème-de-la-crème of Hollywood stars, with opulence and pampering served on tap. Alternatively, The London West Hollywood offers iconic glamour and a rooftop pool where you can while away the days in a private cabana.
2. A trip to LA wouldn’t be complete without some retail therapy. If you’re looking for glamorous with an edge, Melrose Avenue is full of hipster boutiques and vintage stores. For something a bit swankier, Robertson Boulevard is the new fashion mecca of LA and is now even dubbed the ‘cooler Rodeo Drive’. Get that credit card ready…
Melrose Avenue, photo by InSapphoWeTrust
3. Sip Bellinis with a star-studded crowd over Sunday brunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel Polo Lounge. If you’re looking for a taste of old Hollywood glamour then look no further than this iconic hotspot.
The Polo Lounge, photo by Alan Light
4. Hire a Ford Mustang convertible and cruise down the Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Monica to Malibu and back. Finish the day by soaking up a spectacular California sunset with a plate of the freshest seafood at The Lobster on Santa Monica Pier.
5. Find time to rejuvenate by indulging in a variety of luxury treatments at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Laguna Niguel. Perfect for taking in some sea air, it’s perched 150ft above Salt Creek Beach and the panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean is stunning.
6. Languish the day away at one of the pool parties at The Rooftop at The Standard, Downtown LA. The chic 1960’s décor comes complete with waterbeds, sculptured topiary and a red AstroTurf deck. Stay for the DJs at night and you’ll find yourself sipping cocktails under the stars with one of the best views in town.
7. Round off your trip in style. See the estates of the glitterati, the Hollywood sign and Beverly Hills all from the air with a helicopter flight featuring the most famous celebrity homes and landmarks.
Don’t forget, for your chance to win a trip to L.A. enter our competition here.
Feeling lucky & inspired to get glamorous? Pick out something gorgeous for your suitcase from our newest collections here.